Close to the Enemy
Hilary Bevan Jones, Helen Flint, Suzan Harrison, Stephen Poliakoff, Jean Holdsworth
Lucy Ward - Lotte Koehler (7 episodes 2016), August Diehl - Dieter Koehler (7 episodes 2016), Jim Sturgess - Callum Ferguson (7 episodes 2016), Julian Bleach - Geoffrey Salter (7 episodes 2016), Robert Glenister - Brigadier Wainwright (7 episodes 2016), Alfie Allen - Ringwood (7 episodes 2016), Charity Wakefield - Julia (7 episodes 2016), Phoebe Fox - Kathy (7 episodes 2016), Alfred Molina - Harold Lindsay-Jones (7 episodes 2016), Angela Bassett - Eva (7 episodes 2016), Sebastian Armesto - Alex Lombard (7 episodes 2016), Charlotte Riley - Rachel Lombard (7 episodes 2016), Ciara Charteris - Lucy Lindsay - Jones (7 episodes 2016), Freddie Highmore - Victor Ferguson (7 episodes 2016), Sai Bennett - Anna White (6 episodes 2016), Lindsay Duncan - Frau Bellinghausen (6 episodes 2016), Alexander Mounsey - Military Guard (6 episodes 2016), Carly Bawden - Ruth (5 episodes 2016), Andrew Price - Maitre D' (5 episodes 2016), Emma Fielding - Miss Clarkson (5 episodes 2016), Vinette Robinson - Rita (5 episodes 2016), Peter Prentice - Hotel Manager (4 episodes 2016), Jacqueline Tong - Mrs. Tooley (4 episodes 2016), James Bradshaw - Mr. Emmanuel (3 episodes 2016), Duncan Wisbey - Leonard (3 episodes 2016), Antje Traue - Mentz (3 episodes 2016), Lucas Caruso - Richie the Drumer (2 episodes 2016), Sophie Bleasdale - Fullers Waitress (2 episodes 2016), Robert Cawsey - Pete (2 episodes 2016), Kirsty Hoiles - Bergit's Minder (2 episodes 2016), Aleksandar Jovanovic - Horst Kleinow (2 episodes 2016), Lee Long - Victor's Minder (2 episodes 2016), Karol Steele - Refugee (2 episodes 2016), Hannah Taylor Gordon - Nurse Cullan (2 episodes 2016), Debra Baker - Sharp-faced Woman (1 episode 2016), Barry Aird - Andy (1 episode 2016), Michael Ballard - Petrol attendant (1 episode 2016), Graham Bean - Police Officer (1 episode 2016), Nigel Black - Shoe Porter (1 episode 2016), Sophie Bleasdale - Fullers waitress (1 episode 2016), William Chubb - Head of FO (1 episode 2016), James Dryden - Portly poet (1 episode 2016), Grace Durham - Opera Singer (1 episode 2016), Jason Farries - British Soldier Commander (1 episode 2016), Derek Herbert - Winston Churchill (1 episode 2016), Laurence Kennedy - Psychiatrist (1 episode 2016), Raewyn Lippert - Sten-faced woman (1 episode 2016), Wesley Lloyd - Press (1 episode 2016), Lyndon Ogbourne - Party Guest (1 episode 2016), Tim Packham - Refugee (1 episode 2016), Malcolm Ivan Palmer - Mr. Hawkins Greengrocer (1 episode 2016), Walterlan Papetti - Police Officer (1 episode 2016), Neil Parkinson - RAF Officer (1 episode 2016), Elizabeth Pennington - Waitress (1 episode 2016), Simon Shackleton - Doctor (1 episode 2016), Margaret Wheldon - Waitress (1 episode 2016), Nick Wilton - Gents club desk clerk (1 episode 2016), Gavin Lee Lewis - Cpl (2016) (unknown episodes), Nick Davison - Black Market Trader (uncredited) (1 episode 2016), Kirsty Grace - Jazz Lady (uncredited) (1 episode 2016), Janette Sharpe - Black Market Customer (uncredited) (1 episode 2016), Corin Silva - Hotel Waiter (uncredited) (1 episode 2016), Ian Swann - Male Hotel Guest (uncredited) (1 episode 2016), Patricia Winker - Stern Faced Continuity Woman (uncredited) (1 episode 2016)
- Série 1: 1. Episode #1.1 (2016). In 1946 German scientist Dieter Koehler and his little girl Lotte are brought to London from Germany by captain Cal Ferguson of the secret service's T-force in the hopes of persuading Dieter to work for the RAF in developing the jet engine ahead of the Russians but Dieter is not keen to cooperate and Lotte is unhappy and home-sick. Cal also has to deal with unstable younger brother Victor, traumatized by war service and Kathy Griffiths from the War Crimes Department, keen to locate fugitive Nazis that T-force may unwittingly be aiding. At the Connington hotel where the Koehlers are staying Cal makes the acquaintance of fellow guest Harold Lindsay-Jones and American cabaret singer Eva. In fact Eva is reopening the bomb- damaged basement bar with its first concert since before the war but Lotte takes advantage of the entertainment to run away, bumping into a sinister man she met on first arriving in England.
- Série 1: 2. Episode #1.2 (2016). The stranger returns Lotte to the hotel and next morning Cal gets his assistant Ringwood to delay the Koehlers at breakfast so that he can search their room, sending his findings to his CO., Colonel Wainwright. Cal's ex-lover Rachel, now married to wealthy American Alex Lombard, helps with a charm offensive by taking Lotte clothes shopping but Kathy persists in her demands and Victor's instability continues to frighten his brother. Lindsay-Jones also surprises with his knowledge of Cal's T-force allegiance and awareness of his secret past. However Lotte's disappearance with Victor sparks off another crisis.
- Série 1: 3. Episode #1.3 (2016). Victor and Lotte are located and returned to the hotel, Wainwright blackmailing Cal into persuading Dieter to work for them in exchange for leniency for Victor. However Dieter is impressed by Cal's concern for Lotte and joins the work force willingly whilst Lindsay-Jones employs Victor as his librarian. Cal also attempts to persuade Kathy that nobody on her wanted list is under his protection whilst enjoying a romantic day out with old flame Rachel. Another guest, Julia, stumbles upon the presence in the hotel of Horst Kleinow, a former Nazi, on Kathy's list who will be 'disappeared' in order to serve the British government. As he is smuggled out of the hotel Cal and Kathy give chase.
- Série 1: 4. Episode #1.4 (2016). Kathy and Cal locate Kleinow and have him arrested and deported, to the annoyance of Wainwright, who then orders Cal to interview imperious Frau Bellinghausen, the English widow of a German high-up who has the formula for a new perfume. Rachel provides a distraction as she and Cal reignite old flames behind Alex's back whilst Lindsay-Jones reveals his World War II secrets to the Ferguson boys. Victor helps Kathy maker a major discovery but Cal finds out that his affair with Rachel has been discovered by the sinister Geoffrey Salter, thus compromising him.
- Série 1: 5. Episode #1.5 (2016). Cal introduces Lindsay-Jones to Frau Bellinghausen whilst Eva and Rachel organize a fashion show, interrupted by Victor, who gives his brother evidence of Dieter's allegiance to the Nazis, illegally obtained, with Cal stepping in to prevent Victor's arrest. Cal also unearths a plan by Lindsay-Jones and others to have tried to avoid the war whilst Kathy discovers the location of Birgit Menz, a witness to Dieter's past and is persuaded by Cal to entertain her, though she gives away nothing. Dieter however surprises Cal with an announcement and Victor is angry when Kathy refuses to look at more evidence that he has discovered and reveals the treatment of Birgit, overheard by Salter.
- Série 1: 6. Episode #1.6 (2016). Following his outburst Victor is placed in a psychiatric ward where visitors Rachel and Cal inform him of Dieter's pal to marry hotel waitress Anna - which clearly unsettles him as he persists in declaring the German to be a Nazi collaborator. Making his escape he encounters secret service agent Salter, who warns him against exposing Dieter for Cal's sake and the youngster attempts an unsuccessful suicide bid. Some days later Lindsay-Jones makes a speech at the Foreign Office, supposedly to present the appeasement party's viewpoint and criticize Churchill's belligerence though he ultimately back-pedals. Cal is shocked, especially when Li9ndsay-Jones comes out with the truth.
- Série 1: 7. Episode #1.7 (2016). Kathy is disgusted to learn that Bergit was a Nazi collaborator, hoping to save herself by indicting Dieter and leans on her to give evidence. Dieter himself marries Anna with Cal as best man as Victor is released from hospital. Aware that Alex knows of his affair with Rachel Cal gives a wedding speech with an anodyne content. Frau Bellinghausen gives the formula to Cal but Victor tries to persuade Lindsay-Jones that Cal, aware of Dieter's true background, is out to kill Dieter. However it is Lindsay-Jones, atoning for his earlier actions, who decides the outcome for all concerned, allowing a happy ending for the Ferguson boys as Cal ends up with his chosen girl-friend..
A British intelligence officer has to ensure that a captured German scientist helps the British develop jet aircraft.