Crime, Drama, Mystery, Thriller
Anthony Horowitz, Michael A. Walker
Jill Green, Eve Gutierrez, Catherine Oldfield, Carolyn Parry-Jones, Neil Zeiger
Douglas Henshall - D.I. John Tolin (5 episodes 2009), Dean Lennox Kelly - Danny Rampton (5 episodes 2009), Lucy Griffiths - Jane Tarrant (5 episodes 2009), Phil Davis - Brian Edwards (5 episodes 2009), Sylvia Syms - Joyce Thompson (5 episodes 2009), Paul McGann - Richard Reeves (5 episodes 2009), Matt Ryan - Dave Brown (5 episodes 2009), Kate Ashfield - Ann Stallwood (4 episodes 2009), David Bamber - Sidney Norris (4 episodes 2009), Jo Woodcock - Jodie Tolin (4 episodes 2009), Claire Rushbrook - Karen Donnelly (4 episodes 2009), Christopher Villiers - Keith Fowler (4 episodes 2009), Jocelyn Jee Esien - Cindie Smith (4 episodes 2009), Christopher Fulford - D.C.I. Stephen Maitland (4 episodes 2009), Jan Francis - Christine Edwards (4 episodes 2009), Andrew Brooke - P.C. Alan Clacy (4 episodes 2009), Sushil Chudasama - P.C. Sanjay Gopal (4 episodes 2009), Craig Kelly - Jeffrey Rampton (3 episodes 2009), Richard Harrington - James Taylor (3 episodes 2009), Colin McFarlane - Bill Jackson (3 episodes 2009), Anwar Lynch - Gareth Clay (3 episodes 2009), Lenora Crichlow - Alice Jackson (3 episodes 2009), Frank Harper - Derek (3 episodes 2009), Cornelius Macarthy - Tsegga (3 episodes 2009), Zoe Telford - Sandra Rampton (3 episodes 2009), Nicholas Farrell - Guy Pearson (3 episodes 2009), Brian Pettifer - Ed Wilson (3 episodes 2009), Shaun Prendergast - D.C.I. Mike Evans (3 episodes 2009), Victoria Wicks - Angela Reeves (3 episodes 2009), Raymond Sawyer - Paul (Chauffeur) (3 episodes 2009), Nicholas Moss - Jake (3 episodes 2009), Di Botcher - Mrs. Whitfield (2 episodes 2009), Nimmy March - Carol Jackson (2 episodes 2009), Maya Sondhi - Nurse (2 episodes 2009), Pano Masti - Ozan (2 episodes 2009), Caroline Trowbridge - Mrs. Parker (2 episodes 2009), Mick Ford - James Taylor (Real) (2 episodes 2009), Renu Setna - Tariq Shah (2 episodes 2009), Ben Crompton - Harry Canwell (1 episode 2009), Alma Eno - Naomi (1 episode 2009), Nia Roberts - Linda Canwell (1 episode 2009), Pip Torrens - Deputy Commissioner Fraser (1 episode 2009), Bill Buckhurst - Craig (1 episode 2009), Grant Ibbs - Paramedic (crash site) (1 episode 2009), Nicholas Gecks - Robert Miller (1 episode 2009), Dean Ashton - Paramedic (service station) (1 episode 2009), Linda Spurrier - Audrey Pitt (1 episode 2009), Dermot Keaney - Pub Landlord (1 episode 2009), Gregor Truter - Alan Faraday (1 episode 2009), John Ioannou - Joe (1 episode 2009), Darius Caple - William Rampton (1 episode 2009), Joseph Rhys Westcott - Simon Parker (1 episode 2009), Gido Schimanski - German Executive (1 episode 2009), Matthew Gravelle - D.S. Anthony Braydon (1 episode 2009), Nick Turner - Artist Painter (uncredited) (1 episode 2009)
- Série 1: 1. Episode #1.1 (2009). Police Inspector John Tolin returns to work after the car crash that killed his wife and crippled his daughter Jodie to investigate a multiple pile-up on an A road, possibly caused when a police car chased joy-riders. Some of the drivers involved were killed and, as Tolin hangs up their pictures, we see what they were doing just prior to the collision. Solitary piano teacher Sidney Norris has downloaded a disc, possibly with paedophile content, for a friend. Danny Rampson is returning from Holland in his brother's van with a mysterious, illegal cargo. Birthday girl Alice Jackson has spent the night with boy-friend Gareth whilst Jane Tarrant, who works at the service station near to the accident spot, gets a proposal from live-in lover Dave. Architect Richard Reeves prepares for a grand opening and banker's secretary Karen Armstrong has secretly downloaded a file behind her boss's back. Brian Edwards, to whose shop she has gone for a copy to be made, is also on the road with his ...
- Série 1: 2. Episode #1.2 (2009). The emergency services arrive, including police Inspector Ann Stallwood, who sets up base at the service station where Jane puts Richard's dislocated shoulder back in place.He is married but asks her out on a date in gratitude. It is too late for Alice and Sidney - whose real name was Morris, not Norris - whilst Danny escapes into the local woods. Ann and John - who of course have a history - begin their investigation. They interview Gareth, who was chased by the police for speeding and who claims racial harassment for which Alice's father is considering suing. Karen is anxious that John retrieves an envelope from her car. She is a whistle-blower who had been to see a Guardian reporter, regarding corruption in her company, and the envelope contains evidence but it is stolen from John's car - whilst she is escorted from hospital by two men who drive off with her.
- Série 1: 3. Episode #1.3 (2009). Suspicious of Karen's hasty hospital discharge John interviews her boss who is involved with the export of chemicals to Africa. Using hospital CCTV he traces the connection with Guardian journalist 'James' who goes on the run. Karen dies - a supposed suicide - but John is unconvinced. Joyce also dies in hospital and Brian's wife wants to know why their supposed country jaunt ended up on a main road and why her mother had no seat belt on. Alice's father withdraws charges against the police and Jane has dinner with Richard, who seems sympathetic to her aspiration to be more than a waitress. A terrified Danny Rampton meets up with his brother Jeff, who gives him money to flee the country. He had been smuggling an illegal alien in the van and the man had suffocated to death.
- Série 1: 4. Episode #1.4 (2009). John takes Sidney's computer and also discovers that Karen's contact 'James' is a fraud. The real James is, however, writing about an African civil war in which the British government - and Karen's boss -may have a guilty involvement.John and Ann question Jeff and his wife Sandra but release them, hoping they will lead to Danny. Sandra, however, speaks to Jeff's foreman Derek and asks him to 'sort things out' to prevent them all being arrested. Brian admits to his wife Christine that he was taking Joyce to see a retirement home as he felt she was poisoning their marriage. Richard asks Jane to go away with him. Harry Canwell, the drunk driver who killed John's wife, is released from prison and visits John to ask forgiveness but John attacks him in front of Jodie. Later John admits to her that when the accident occurred he was with Ann, with whom he is getting close again.Sandra gives Danny a false passport and money but also takes drastic action to put her husband in the career.
- Série 1: 5. Episode #1.5 (2009). Brian admits to Christine the true fate of her mother. Jane agrees to go away with Richard but he fails to show up. His wife Angela arrives to tell her that she is but one of several girls with whom he has indulged himself so Jane decides to go abroad alone. The real James Taylor tells John that he is certain Karen was killed because she was going to expose an illegal chemical deal with an African country. The false 'James' also comes to see John, asking for help. He is an opportunist who posed as a reporter as he wanted the information from Karen to use for blackmail purposes. John shows him no sympathy. Whilst a headmaster from a school where Sidney taught admits he resigned after an allegation of child abuse Sidney's computer was actually used to pirate episodes of 'Star Trek', not pornography. A home video taken by another driver reveals how the pile-up was really caused,leading to no prosecutions being made.
The story of a major road accident and a group of people who have never met, but who all share one single defining moment that will change their lives.