Crime, Drama, Mystery, Thriller
Sam Miller, Brian Kirk, Stefan Schwartz, Farren Blackburn
Idris Elba, Phillippa Giles, Leila Kirkpatrick, Katie Swinden, Claire Bennett, Julie Clark, Phillipa Cole, Elizabeth Kilgarriff, Marcus Wilson, Martin Coates
Idris Elba, Warren Brown, Dermot Crowley, Michael Smiley, Ruth Wilson, Paul McGann, Nikki Amuka-Bird, Steven Mackintosh, Saskia Reeves, Indira Varma, Sienna Guillory, David O'Hara, Aimee-Ffion Edwards, Kierston Wareing, Anton Saunders, David Dawson, Alan Williams, Pam Ferris, Matthew Marsh, Paul Blackwell, Steven Robertson, Lee Ingleby, Laura Haddock, Rose Leslie, John Heffernan, Kevin Fuller, Patrick Malahide, Elliot Cowan, Sasha Behar, Selva Rasalingam, Lucian Msamati, Maria Miles, Orlessa Altass, Catherine Hamilton, Rob Jarvis, Thomas Lockyer, Geoffrey Lumb, Donatienne Dupont, Paul Rhys, Sam Spruell, Jamie Richards, Golda Rosheuvel, Danny Lee Wynter, Babou Ceesay, Joanna Croll, Ania Sowinski, James Puddephatt, Ross McCall, Hamza Jeetooa, Darren Boyd, Mark Carey, Rachel Hankey, Mark Rowley, Lorraine Hilton, Gemma Lawrence, Louise Rose, Andrew Tiernan, Georgina French, Oliver Stark, Nicola Walker, Anna Brewster, Ryan Calais Cameron, Shaun Mason, Laura Pyper, Simon Wilson, Tommy French, Michael Obiora, Simone James, Ash Rizi, Diveen Henry, Alexander Morton, Ned Dennehy, Annabel Bates, Johann Myers, Mark Redguard, Gary Shelford, Bryony Afferson, Brett Fancy, Ellie Haddington, Rupert Procter, Seline Hizli, Charlotte Pyke, Sean Pertwee, Stacey Sampson, John Albasiny, Stephen Boxer, Michael Shaeffer, Hannah Bourne, Okorie Chukwu, Graham Turner, Jamie Martin, Jason Riddington, Emma Fischer, Matti Houghton, Keeley Forsyth, Michelle Duncan, Lizzie Hopley, Luke Ward-Wilkinson, Nigel Cooke, Alexandra Moen, Ben Abell, Carmen Kelly, Glen Stanway, Chris Cowlin, Catherine Balavage, Jeff Lipman, Chris Wilson, Dilyana Bouklieva, Darren Charles, Lee Nicholas Harris, Teresa Mahoney, Alex Moore, Mike Parish, Ben Probert, Atul Sharma, Mick Slaney, Jozef Aoki, Lasco Atkins, Nigel Genis, Stephen Hawke, Richard Herdman, Celine Jedidi, Matthew David McCarthy, Vic Waghorn, Glenn Webster, Jason Julien-Connage, Oliver Raymond Maule, Janette Sharpe, Clem So, Joel Stubbs
- Série 1: 1. Episode #1.1 (2010). After a 7 month suspension, DCI John Luther returns to duty. With the assistance of DS Justin Ripley, he investigates a home invasion that resulted in the murders of Douglas and Laura Morgan who were found by their daughter Alice. After questioning her, Luther is convinced that she killed her parents and as much as tells her so. He has no physical evidence however and the police have not been able to find the gun. Alice is highly intelligent and is quite prepared to play psychological games with him. Luther meanwhile tries to repair his relationship with his wife Zoe from who he has been separated. She has met someone and has begun a new relationship news that doesn't go down very well.
- Série 1: 2. Episode #1.2 (2010). DCI John Luther is still on the job - ex-wife Zoe's boyfriend Mark North doesn't pursue the assault charge - and he now investigates the murder of two police officers who were lured to site by a 999 call and then shot. CCTV footage suggest that someone with a military bearing was in the area and it leads him to Owen Lynch, a former Royal Marine who was discharged due to psychological problems. His father Terry, also a formal Royal Marine, is in prison for having killed a police officer some 18 months before and Luther believes he's out for revenge. Meanwhile, Alice Morgan contacts Luther and lets him know that she has decided to investigate him. She also threatens Zoe.
- Série 1: 3. Episode #1.3 (2010). Devil-worshipping Lucien Burgess abducts young mother Kirsten Ross from her house,leaving satanic messages in blood on the walls. Rose Teller links this to the similar disappearance and murder of Grace Allen, ten years earlier,the blood being identified as Grace's. Burgess was implicated but had to be released after undercover cop Richard Henley pulverised him. Luther locates Kirsten to a boat,where her dead body is found in a freezer and takes unorthodox action to trap the killer. Mark North is attacked by a gang of girls led by Alice and assumes Luther was behind it. He makes a complaint but Alice gets him to drop it by telling him she did it to get Luther back with Zoe.As a result Zoe offers Luther an olive branch ...and a little more.
- Série 1: 4. Episode #1.4 (2010). Three women, last seen walking home alone at night, have been murdered in five weeks. The killer, Graham Shand, removes a necklace from the latest corpse to give his unfaithful wife Linda for her birthday before striking again. He is a failed taxi driver with a virility problem and Luther eventually traps him - after spotting the tell-tale necklace on Linda - with the aid of undercover decoy Layla, though it is Linda who has the last word. Elsewhere, Alice, still running free despite being a prime suspect, kills Henry Madsen to 'save' Luther.
- Série 1: 5. Episode #1.5 (2010). DCI Luther investigates the violent kidnapping of Jessica Carrodus by a gang intent on recovering a batch of stolen diamonds. They've given the woman's husband James an hour to deliver the goods and as proof of their seriousness, have already cut out her tongue. Luther, always ready to bend the rules, retrieves diamonds from another case in the evidence locker but the delivery goes wrong. It's also revealed that one of Luther's colleagues was in on the original robbery. In the midst of all this, Luther's wife Zoe has decided to break all contact with him. When he finds her dead on her kitchen floor, he realizes all of the evidence will point to him as the killer and he goes on the run.
- Série 1: 6. Episode #1.6 (2010). With his fingerprints on the gun that killed Zoe, Luther is a prime suspect and goes on the run. Only his sergeant, Justin Ripley, believes he is innocent. Luther hides out with Alice who, along with the loyal Justin, helps him to steal and get rid of the tell-tale gun. Justin is also suspended after shouting a warning to Luther when Reed meets him one-to-one but hopes to provoke him into action so that a sniper, positioned on the roof, will shoot him. Luther and Alice also persuade Mark of his innocence and send him to the police station where he takes the diamonds - Reed's cut from the Carrodus robbery - from Reed's locker. Reed pursues Mark, straight into the trap Alice and Luther have set for him at the deserted Waterloo train station, culminating in a sort of revenge.
- Série 2: 1. Episode #2.1 (2011). Alice is now in a mental institution and Luther,after a failed suicide attempt,returns to work having been cleared of killing Zoe. Assisted by the loyal Justin he joins a team headed by Superintendant Schenk hunting a masked serial killer. Luther pursues a suspect,failed art student Cameron Pell,who escapes after attacking him and later phones to say he wants to emulate the Victorian killer Spring-Heel Jack. Luther also agrees to help Caroline Jones,widow of a man he once arrested,to stop her young daughter Jenny from appearing in hard core sex films and kidnaps the girl from a film set.
- Série 2: 2. Episode #2.2 (2011). Pell abducts and tortures Justin,who keeps himself alive by flattering the killer's vanity and manages to free himself and escape whilst Pell is out planning his climactic outrage,which Luther and the team,by speaking to Pell's former associates,are able to stop. Procuress Baba,who claims to 'own' Jenny Jones,forces Luther to stop police witness Andrei Kolchak from giving evidence against her crooked grandson Toby - causing Luther to bring Jenny to stay with him for her own protection. Earlier that night he has had a visit from Alice,who has escaped from her institution.
- Série 2: 3. Episode #2.3 (2011). Luther leaves Jenny in his flat to investigate an incident at a service station where a man with a baseball bat killed one motorist,maimed another and destroyed their cars. From CCTV footage it appears that he was rolling dice to select victims. The same man later enters an office disguised as a motor-cycle courier and kills five more people before Luther arrests him though in custody he refuses to speak. As Luther returns home to find that Jenny has killed Toby Kent after his attempted rape of her the dice man's exact double prepares another outrage.
- Série 2: 4. Episode #2.4 (2011). Luther and Jenny dispose of Kent's body and give Baba cause to believe that he was actually killed by her other henchman Frank. To ensure that there will be no reprisals he threatens her with the ultimate weapon of revenge - Alice. Meanwhile the second dice man murders four people on the subway and Luther deduces that the two killers are twins,competing to see who can claim the most victims. With this in mind he plays on the vanity of his prisoner,Robert Millberry,to help him net his brother Nick,leading Luther into a showdown with Nick Milberry.
- Série 3: 1. Episode #3.1 (2013). Emily Hammond is killed in her flat by a fetishist who makes up and wigs her corpse,the slaying recalling the murders thirty years earlier by a serial killer the Shoreditch Creeper,who had connections with Emily's house. At the same time Ripley is introduced by embittered Erin Gray to creepy,'unretired' superintendent Stark, anxious to nail Luther for killing people who eluded justice and taking the law into his own hands. Stark and Gray put a wire on Ripley as he and Luther investigate the apparently ritual murder of obscene Internet troll Jared Cass. Prime suspect is Ken Barnaby, who was plagued by Cass with taunts over his dead daughter but Luther feels sorry for him,warning him of likely arrest which spurs Ken to take extreme action. Luther finds romance with Mary Day after they literally bump into each other in a traffic prang but the killer strikes again,murdering Dani Lane, who was Emily's baby-sitter in the 1980s, and her husband.
- Série 3: 2. Episode #3.2 (2013). Luther investigates the Lanes' murders, noting that Dani has been made up in the same way as Emily. He also discovers that Ronnie Holland, who headed the Shoreditch Creeper case, has died in suspicious circumstances. Aware of Ripley's involvement with Erin Gray he confronts her and tells her not to use the sergeant in any vendetta against him. Luther discovers that Holland was obsessed with a former murderer William Carney, now debilitated and in a care home. Furthermore Carney has been receiving regular visits from a mysterious man called Paul Ellis. From speaking to Carney Luther works out that the serial killer, a disciple of the Shoreditch Creeper, is enacting revenge on women, having murdered his mother for being a whore, and thus cracks the case. Ripley arrests Ken for killing Cass but Luther manages to get him back on side.
- Série 3: 3. Episode #3.3 (2013). Still fishing for dirt on Luther, the desperate Gray and Stark visit Mary, suggesting that Luther killed his wife. However Gray begins to sense that Stark is getting out of control in his desire for revenge and confides in Ripley. Meanwhile a young couple are saved from an attack by thugs by a mysterious man who shoots two of the assailants dead. Both of the dead pair are convicted killers and later another man who had been charged with murder is found hanged. Through a website, Luther discovers the perpetrator to be Tom Marwood, taking revenge on killers freed by the system - such as the murderer of his wife Caitlin. He next abducts a paedophile Dennis Cochran, whom - following a public vote of approval on the Internet - he hangs. Luther and Ripley track him down but he steals Luther's phone and shoots Ripley before making his escape.
- Série 3: 4. Episode #3.4 (2013). Luther discovers Ripley's corpse and is charged with his murder by Stark and Gray, but whilst in transit the police car is attacked and Luther is rescued by Alice Morgan. After Marwood goes on the rampage at Luther's flat Superintendent Schenk is aware that he killed Ripley and Mary is taken to a hideaway by Stark and Gray, though Gray starts to sense that Stark wants to reel Luther in for a confrontation. Marwood meanwhile abducts the wife of the doctor at the prison where Caitlin's murderer is held and threatens to kill her unless the doctor gives him a lethal injection. Alice and Luther track Marwood down but he escapes, locating Mary via Luther's phone. He kills Stark and wounds Gray but Alice and Luther arrive for a roof-top showdown.
- Série 4: 1. Episode #4.1 (2015). Luther is informed of Alice Morgan's death, leading to his abduction of gangster George Cornelius, who is allegedly responsible for her murder. Soon afterwards he is called in by his boss Martin Schenk to help catch a serial killer who eats his victims' organs. All the victims had spy-ware installed by Steven Rose but when Luther leads a raid on Rose's house it is empty and Luther sees Rose escaping. Then a young woman brings him a message from Alice.
- Série 4: 2. Episode #4.2 (2015). As more murders occur George escapes, leading to a failed hit on Luther, followed by a truce. Rose's computer reveals that he has been spying on over two hundred of his clients but it is the discovery that he is likely to be going after the girlfriend who, long ago, deserted him that gives Luther and sidekick Emma Lane the chance to catch up with him before he can claim more victims. And the message from Alice, albeit from beyond the grave and delivered by a supposed psychic, allows Luther closure on two matters as well as the beginning of a bizarre partnership.