American Gothic |
Drama, Horror, Thriller
Lou Antonio, Michael Nankin, James Frawley, Michael Lange, Doug Lefler, Oz Scott, Mike Binder, Jim Charleston, James A. Contner, Michael Katleman, Peter O'Fallon, Mel Damski, Bruce Seth Green, Elodie Keene, Nick Marck
Stephen Gaghan, Michael R. Perry, Shaun Cassidy, Mitchell Burgess, Robin Green, Judi Ann Mason, Steve De Jarnatt, Michael Nankin, John Cork, Victor Bumbalo, David Chisholm
Billy Crawford, David Eick, Sam Raimi, Rob Tapert, Steve De Jarnatt, Shaun Cassidy, Edward Ledding, Dean Barnes, Judi Ann Mason, Robert Palm, Robin Green
Gary Cole - Sheriff Lucas Buck (22 episodes 1995-1996), Lucas Black - Caleb Temple (22 episodes 1995-1996), Paige Turco - Gail Emory (19 episodes 1995-1996), Brenda Bakke - Selena Coombs (18 episodes 1995-1996), Sarah Paulson - Merlyn Temple (18 episodes 1995-1996), Nick Searcy - Deputy Ben Healy (18 episodes 1995-1996), Jake Weber - Dr. Matt Crower (15 episodes 1995-1996), Christopher Fennell - Boone Mackenzie (9 episodes 1995-1996), John Mese - Dr. Billy Peale (7 episodes 1996), Alex Van - Deputy Floyd (7 episodes 1995-1996), Lynda Clark - Rita Barber (5 episodes 1995-1996), Tina Lifford - Loris Holt (4 episodes 1995-1996), Michael Burgess - Dan Truelane (4 episodes 1995-1996), Robin Mullins - Nurse (3 episodes 1996), Amy Anderson Palmo - Nurse (3 episodes 1996), Sara Wood - Mrs. Russell (3 episodes 1995-1996), Evan Rachel Wood - Rose Russell (3 episodes 1995-1996), Troy Simmons - Josh Davenport (3 episodes 1995), Jim Antonio - Dr. Leslie Narone (2 episodes 1996), Sonny Shroyer - Gage Temple (2 episodes 1995), David Lenthall - Curtis Z. Webb (2 episodes 1995), Margo Moorer - Danielle Davenport (2 episodes 1995-1996), Amy Parrish - Nurse Sara (2 episodes 1996), Sean Bridgers - Deputy #1 (2 episodes 1995), Dean Whitworth - Cecil Perkins (2 episodes 1995-1996), Wayne Dehart - Bertie (2 episodes 1996), Henry Laurence - Elderly Man (2 episodes 1996), Tammy Arnold - Caleb's Mother (2 episodes 1995), Mert Hatfield - Minister (2 episodes 1995), Jana Drue - Young Gail (2 episodes 1995), Charles McLawhorn - Albert (2 episodes 1995-1996), John Henry Scott - Husband (2 episodes 1995-1996), Barnaby Carpenter - T.J. (2 episodes 1995), John Shearin - Waylon Flood (2 episodes 1995-1996), Muse Watson - Wash Sutpen (1 episode 1995), Brigid Brannagh - Poppy Bowen (1 episode 1995), Bruce Campbell - Lt. Drey (1 episode 1995), Matt Craven - Barrett Stokes (1 episode 1995), Arnold Vosloo - Rafael Santo (1 episode 1995), N'Bushe Wright - Cheryl Truelane (1 episode 1995), Pat Hingle - Fr. Tilden (1 episode 1996), Danny Masterson - Ray (1 episode 1996), Jeff Perry - Artie Healy (1 episode 1996), Ted Raimi - Ted Parker (1 episode 1996), William Morgan Sheppard - Mr. Emmett (1 episode 1996), Greg Travis - Mel Kirby (1 episode 1996), Collin Wilcox Paxton - Mrs. Gardner (1 episode), Tanya Rollins - Tina (1 episode), Gareth Williams - Albert DeSalvo (1 episode), Keith Flippen - Ossie Spichtig (1 episode 1995), Joseph Lindsey - Earl McKeever (1 episode 1995), Ron Perkins - Harlan Jeeters (1 episode 1995), Steve Rankin - Carter Bowen (1 episode 1995), John Bennes - Rev. Coombs (1 episode 1996), Andi Carnick - Lily Crower (1 episode 1996), Veronica Cartwright - Angela (1 episode 1996), Deacon Dawson - Pilot (1 episode 1996), Tim Grimm - W. Bryan Hudson (1 episode 1996), Michael Harding - A.E. Tippett (1 episode 1996), Brent Jennings - Yancy Lydon (1 episode 1996), Amy Steel - Christie (1 episode 1996), Jim Gloster - Just Eddie (1 episode 1995), Mark Joy - Coach Fred Bender (1 episode 1995), Judy Simpson - Etta Bowen (1 episode 1995), Trip Cogburn - Potato Boy (1 episode 1996), Rick Forrester - Salesman (1 episode 1996), Stuart Greer - Cody Parker (1 episode 1996), Ruth Reid - Barbara Hudson (1 episode 1996), Irene Ziegler - Gloria Kirby (1 episode 1996), Sandi Fix - Christine Emory (1 episode), Richard Edson - Lowell Stokes (1 episode 1995), Bob Hannah - Judge Halpern (1 episode 1995), Chris Blackwelder - Young Man (1 episode 1996), Russell Deats - Little Luke (1 episode 1996), Regan Forman - Jeri McIntyre (1 episode 1996), Zander Heinen - Potato Boy Vocalist (1 episode 1996), Will Leskin - Judge Streeter (1 episode 1996), Lindley Mayer - Ashley Narone (1 episode 1996), Patt Noday - Reporter (1 episode 1996), John Keenan - Peter Emory (1 episode), Lucius Houghton - Deputy Cammalous (1 episode 1995), Gina Stewart - Teapot (1 episode 1995), Rick Warner - Heywood Anderson (1 episode 1995), Don Henderson Baker - Grave Digger (1 episode 1996), Tamara Burnham - Charlotte Streeter (1 episode 1996), Yvonne Erickson - Female Realtor (1 episode 1996), James Frawley - Bartender (1 episode 1996), General Fermon Judd Jr. - Fireman (1 episode 1996), Wallace Merck - Rolston (1 episode 1996), Dani Miller - Nurse (1 episode 1996), Kelly Mizell - Young Woman (1 episode 1996), Julia Deane - Cindy (1 episode), Rachel Lewis - Nurse #2 (1 episode), Selden Smith - Lydia Constantine (1 episode 1995), Lee Freeman - Doris Lydon (1 episode 1996), Len Hathaway - Elderly Man (1 episode 1996), Philip Loch - Lance Biggs (1 episode 1996), Nancy Saunders - Brenda (1 episode 1996), Robert C. Treveiler - Chester Langston (1 episode 1996), Brandlyn Whitaker - Sue Ellen Hudson (1 episode 1996), Deborah Winstead - Nurse #1 (1 episode 1996), D.L. Anderson - Allison (1 episode), Dorothy Recasner Brown - Female Doctor (1 episode), Aubrey Dollar - Janice (1 episode 1995), Granoldo Frazier - Reverend Logan (1 episode 1995), Megan Gallacher - Claire Crower (1 episode 1996), Joe Maggard - Townsperson #1 (1 episode 1996), Lanelle Markgraf - Nurse #2 (1 episode 1996), Andrea Powell - Jean Biggs (1 episode 1996), Diana Taylor - Businesswoman (1 episode 1996), Peter Townes - Frenchman (1 episode 1996), David Cutting - Toddler (1 episode), Derin Altay - Betty Weller (1 episode 1995), Barry Bell - Gordy Willis (1 episode 1995), Donald S. Bland - Cooper (1 episode 1995), McKenzie LaCoss - 6 Rok Old Merlyn (1 episode 1995), Craig Edwards - Technician (1 episode 1996), Tyrone Hicks - Jojo (1 episode 1996), Joe Inscoe - Dr. Perry (1 episode 1996), Michael Mattison - Dead Head (1 episode 1996), Mary McMillan - Wealthy Woman (1 episode 1996), Laura Robbins - Doreen Langston (1 episode 1996), Haley Salyer - Woman (1 episode 1996), Juliet Cesario - Gail's Mother (1 episode 1995), Leonard Watkins - Blind Man (1 episode 1995), Dale Wright - Nurse (1 episode 1995), Dottie Grissom-Hardin - Young Woman (1 episode 1996), Randell Haynes - Sourpuss (1 episode 1996), Tamara Dow - Nurse Wendy (1 episode 1995), Brian Fong - Paramedic (1 episode 1995), Maria Howell - Choir Soloist (1 episode 1995), Charly Williams - Taylor Webb (1 episode 1995), Gene Dann - Man (1 episode 1996), Michael Genevie - Dr. Portis Fields (1 episode 1996), Bill Roberson - Carl (1 episode 1996), Ralph Brownewell - Orderly #1 (1 episode 1995), Maggie Klekas - Mourner #1 (1 episode 1995), C.K. Bibby - Townsperson #2 (1 episode 1996), Charlotte Hackman - Hannah (1 episode 1996), Sara Audrey Keeley - Mourner #2 (1 episode 1995), Charles Lucas - Bluesman (1 episode 1996), Kay Joyner - Wife (1 episode 1996), Erica Nashan - Nurse #1 (1 episode 1996), Lanelle Rose - Nurse #2 (1 episode 1996), Carlene Moore - Waitress (1 episode 1996), Lou Criscuolo - Cop #1 (1 episode 1996), Mick McGovern - Cop #2 (1 episode 1996), Helen Baldwin - Barbara Joy Flood (1 episode 1995), Rick Galiher - Mourner (1 episode 1995), Melissa McBride - Holly Gallagher (1 episode 1995), Lee Norris - Benji Healy (1 episode 1995), Linda Pierce - Janice Gallagher (1 episode 1995), Eliot Preschutti - Swordsman (1 episode 1995), Scott Schumacher - Diver (1 episode 1995), Rachel Seidman-Lockamy - Charlotte (1 episode 1995), Debbie Yates - Louellen (1 episode 1995), Tamara Burnham Mercer - Charlotte Streeter (1 episode 1996), Craig Shoemaker - (1 episode 1996), Eliska Sursova - Fuller Hansen (1 episode 1996), Storm Bear - Carnival Pirate (uncredited) (1 episode 1995), Lewis Musser - ESPN Režie (uncredited) (1 episode 1995), Elissa Sursara - Alex (uncredited) (1 episode 1996)
- Série 1: 1. Pilot (1995). In Trinity, South Caroline, the boy Caleb Temple is celebrating his birthday with his deranged father and his beloved disturbed and traumatized sister Merlyn Temple. Out of the blue, she starts repeating over and over "someone's at the door" and her father tries to kill her. Caleb flees and brings Sheriff Lucas Buck and Deputy Ben Healy that arrest his father. However Ben accidentally witnesses Lucas breaking Merlyn's neck in her room and blaming her father for the death. Caleb goes to the hospital and the alcoholic Dr. Matt Crower examines him. Lucas comes to the hospital expecting to adopt Caleb and does not allow that the sheriff takes custody of the boy. Then Lucas goes to the jail and Caleb's father mysteriously commits suicide. Meanwhile Caleb's distant cousin Gail Emory comes to Trinity to take custody of the boy. Caleb receives messages written in blood telling him to go home and he goes and meets the spirit of Merlyn that shows that their mother was raped by the sheriff. ...
- Série 1: 2. A Tree Grows in Trinity (1995). Caleb flees and misleads Sheriff Lucas Buck that is chasing him with his men, dogs and Gail. He sees a burial and discovers that his father is dead and buried side by side with Merlyn. He finds a moribund man trapped in an abandoned house and seeks out Dr. Matt Crower to help him. Gail identifies the man as a missing journalist. Meanwhile the coroner forges the autopsies of Gage and Merlyn reporting as informed by Lucas and he is haunted by Merlyn.
- Série 1: 3. Eye of the Beholder (1995). There will be a hearing with the local Judge Halpern to decide who will have the provisional custody of Caleb. Lucas Buck uses his evil powers to be Caleb's tutor. He presses Dan Truelane to betray his colleague and friend Dr. Matt Crower and uses Selena Coombs to denigrate Gail Emory. Meanwhile Caleb befriends Loris Holt, who owns a boarding house and seems to know the occultism. Lucas tries also to use his influence to convince Judge Halpern that he shall be the responsible for the custody of Caleb. Who will be chosen one by the judge?
- Série 1: 4. Damned If You Don't (1995). Carter got away with molesting a girl, via Sheriff Buck's influence, but 17 years later, stalls about providing his own 15 year-old daughter as the Sheriff's go-fer. When junkyard owner Carter doesn't meet Buck's midnight deadline, immediately Carter's wife is maimed in a household accident. Buck offers to buy the orphaned Caleb an elaborate science project, while Caleb's dead sister & Dr. Crower counsel him to focus on learning, not cheating to win.
- Série 1: 5. Dead to the World (1995). Gail accuses Sheriff Buck of foul play when she learns that her childhood friend Holly Gallagher, who was Sheriff Buck's girlfriend, was with her just before she mysteriously drove her car off a bridge. As Lucas takes Gail for a ride to demonstrate for her where and how this happened, he takes her by surprise with a kiss. Caleb goes up against his friend Boone in an archery competition, and Deputy Ben must deal with the abusive behavior of his ex-wife's current husband.
- Série 1: 6. Potato Boy (1996). Caleb is intrigued by a strange "potato boy," a deformed child who lives alone in a creepy house in Trinity but whose sweet singing voice can be heard in the distance. Meanwhile, we get a little insight into Deputy Ben's frustration with his job and having to lie for Sheriff Buck's misdeeds, Selena Coombs' own personal fall from grace, and the guilt that Dr. Crower carries with him for the death of his wife and child.
- Série 1: 7. Meet the Beetles (1995). The bones of one of Trinity's residents are found at the remains of the burned-out Temple home, which now belongs to Lucas. The victim's brother-in-law, Lt. Drey of the State Police (guest star Bruce Campbell), comes to Trinity to investigate, and Selena Coombs is a suspect. Lucas, meanwhile, tempts Caleb with a casket of cash.
- Série 1: 8. Strong Arm of the Law (1995). Some racketeers are staying at the boarding house where Caleb and Dr. Crower live, and they're shaking down the town's business owners for cash. Sheriff Buck takes note and begins to deal with him in his own special way, especially after they threaten Caleb, who discovers their stash of cash in one of the rooms at the boarding house. When the bad guys corner Caleb in his own room, they get a scare from the little boy, however!
- Série 1: 9. To Hell and Back (1996). Matt Crower is haunted by the memories of his wife Lily and his daughter Claire, who died because of his drunk-driving crash. The sheriff makes him an enticing offer - the chance to go back and see them and say goodbye. Matt takes the offer, but he wants oblivion, which the sheriff won't grant. Caleb, meanwhile, is intrigued by his elderly neighbor whom he thinks has buried a body in his pumpkin patch.
- Série 1: 10. The Beast Within (1996). Deputy Ben's brother Artie breaks out of the psych ward and terrorizes the people in Trinity, taking Sheriff Buck, Dr. Crower, Gail and Caleb hostage at the hospital. He was shot while robbing an electronics store, and he demands Dr. Crower remove the bullet. He also has explosives buried in his stomach, set to go off at 11 o'clock that evening.
- Série 1: 11. Rebirth (1996). Merlyn Temple badly wants to be alive again and to feel what human beings feel. She steals the soul of the unborn baby of Gail's friend Christie, who is in town visiting Gail and close to giving birth. With this soul, Merlyn spends time with an intriguing boy blowing through Trinity on a motorcycle, Ray. But Caleb realizes it's the soul of Christie's baby that Merlyn has stolen and must try to convince Merly to give it back before the baby dies.
- Série 1: 12. Ring of Fire. With thoughts of why she originally came to Trinity still on her mind, Gail is researching the 1976 fire that killed her parents, convinced that Lucas caused it. But she gets help from an unlikely place - Lucas himself. As she digs deeper at her family's summer home and at the newspaper offices, she finds in her visions that the truth is uglier than she realized, and it has nothing to do with Lucas.
- Série 1: 13. Resurrector (1996). A local talk radio host wants the sheriff's help in getting a TV show for him and his on-air partner, his wife. When Lucas says no, the host, Mel Kirby, finds a way to blackmail him through Ben. But Mel will pay the price for that. Caleb, meanwhile, gets an idea from Ms. Holt on how to reach Merlyn, who seems to be trapped somewhere in hell.
- Série 1: 14. Inhumanitas (1996). The lawyer W. Bryan Hudson has a meeting with Sheriff Lucas Buck and he receives a proposal of 750,000.00 to sell his family's real estate from Frenchmen. Bryan has won a cause of US$ 600,000.00 from the Sheriff's Department in the past but Lucas tells that this is past. Bryan is tempted to sell the property but his father gave his word to the blind-man Bertie that he would never evict him from his house that is in the property. However Bryan breaks his word of honor and has a surprise in the end. Meanwhile Merlyn is decided to eliminate Sheriff Buck and shelters Caleb in the church, but she has also a surprise.
- Série 1: 15. The Plague Sower (1996). A plague hits Trinity, and Dr. Crower becomes infected and starts going wild, ranting about repentance. Gail succumbs to her passions with Sheriff Buck, and he's only too happy to oblige. A new doctor shows up in town from the CDC to deal with the plague, Dr. Billy Peale.
- Série 1: 16. Dr. Death Takes a Holiday (1996). Dr. Crower decides to investigate Merlyn's murder and becomes even more curious after a woman checks herself into the hospital claiming to be Sheriff Buck's mother (guest star Veronica Cartwright). She wants Dr. Crower to kill Sheriff Buck, but the tables are turned on Dr. Crower. Sheriff Buck uses Matt's plague sickness of a week or two ago to his advantage.
- Série 1: 17. Learning to Crawl (1996). Sheriff Buck takes Caleb on a fishing trip in a neighboring town, but they encounter the kidnappers of a corporate mogul. One, Ted (guest star Ted Raimi), has shot the kidnappee, but he's quickly subdued by the sheriff before his two partners menace the cabin from outside. Selena comes to the cabin, having been led to believe by Lucas that her new boyfriend Dr. Peale is there, and Gail and Dr. Peale soon follow, afraid that something is continuing on with the sheriff and Selena.
- Série 1: 18. Echo of Your Last Goodbye. Every time he turns around, Deputy Ben sees Merlyn. She has something to show him: her mother's work with needy children at an old abandoned house in Goattown. She wants Ben to pick up that work, at least where one particular young girl is concerned. That girl has also been bullying Caleb and Boone at school. Gail continues her dalliance with Lucas, while Selena dates Billy.
- Série 1: 19. Triangle (1996). Gail tells Lucas she's leaving town, with Caleb, but then discovers she's pregnant with Lucas' child! But is the sheriff still wrapped up in Selena? Is Selena still in love with the sheriff? That seems to be the suspicion, as Dr. Peale asks Selena to go away with him to Uganda to work among the needy. She pulls a no-show at the airport. As Gail deals with her pregnancy, she is scared of what kind of monster her baby might be. Then Lucas has revenge on his mind for Selena, whom he sees as cheating. He puts her under a life-threatening spell.
- Série 1: 20. Strangler. After another run-in with Merlyn, Sheriff Buck conjures up the spirit of the Boston Strangler, Albert DeSalvo, to deal with her once and for all. But DeSalvo has an appetite for some other females in town, including Gail. Lucas goes off to a convention out of town, meanwhile, and Ben fills in as sheriff.
- Série 1: 21. The Buck Stops Here (1996). Sheriff Buck is giving Caleb lessons on "the Buck" and how there's only one for every generation. This causes Caleb to really begin to embrace what seems to be his evil destiny. The pharmacist at the hospital, Yancy Lydon, is angry that Sheriff Buck has withheld the files on his sick wife from him. She's been comatose for two years. Yancy attacks the sheriff at his house, stabbing him in in "third eye," but before he dies, Lucas whispers something to Caleb. With the sheriff then dead, Caleb turns into a monster in his place. Later, in Lucas' grave, though, the sheriff wakes up!
- Série 1: 22. Requiem (1996). Caleb moves into Sheriff Buck's house to take over his evil mantle and, when learning from Selena that Gail is pregnant with Lucas' child, has her lured to the house. Dr. Peale has analyzed Lucas' blood work, and after a tip-off from Merlyn, Deputy Ben helps Billy dig up Lucas, who then goes after Caleb to change him back to the way he was.
Visit Trinity, South Carolina, a small town with more chills than charm. Sheriff Lucas Buck won't let anyone - including local doctor Matt Crower or the determined Gail Emory - stand in the way of his evil plans.
60 minutes (at 0 frames per second)